The fast cooling effect of the slowly dissolving ice cube ensures that drinks gain in taste, attractiveness and quality. The (thimble-shaped) gourmet ice cubes from Scotsman are pure, hard, compact (without holes), crystal clear and melted. Gourmet ice cubes are formed by spraying water on a supercooled horizontal evaporator. While the purest water molecules are first to freeze into ice cubes, fresh water is sprayed to wash away the non-frozen water minerals, thereby preventing turbidity of the ice just formed. The minerals are collected in the water collector and then removed together with the rinsing water before a new freezing cycle is started. The Gourmet ice cubes are therefore purer than the water from which they are made!
The unique features of the Scotsman ice machines:
- The rounded corners ensure a stylish, modern visual delight. The greatly improved accessibility ensures easy cleaning.
- The door of the ice bunker on the front panel, entirely with modern shapes, glides smoothly over the guides and, when closed, gently bumps into two rubber inlays that dampen the flapping.
- For more convenience and hygiene, the ice cube scoop can now be stored in a special container inside the storage bunker.
- In the same housing is the alarm that sounds when too much dust or grease has accumulated on the condenser air filter. In addition, this alarm also notifies the operator when the device is ready for a cleaning cycle.
- There is an active antimicrobial vapor bag with a gradual release next to the door of the ice bunker. To maintain the hygiene of the ice in the ice bunker you only have to replace that bag regularly.
- Thanks to the unique PWD system, which ensures a progressive drainage, you do not have to worry about the distance or the height of the drainage and your ice will stay out of the reach of algae or microbes present in stagnant drainage water.
- Hygiene is crucial in storing ice. Scotsman offers you a simple but efficient system that allows you to apply extreme hygiene without compromise: the use of a food-safe antimicrobial component stored in a pouch, which is located behind the door of the bunker. It is therefore sufficient to replace the pouch with the antimicrobial at regular intervals in order to keep the supply of ice cubes as hygienic as possible.
- The anti-scale system patented by Scotsman efficiently limits the deposits of minerals in the water pipes and in the spraying system. With the rubber cap, the minerals that accumulate spontaneously in the water during the freezing and ice formation cycles are collected and removed manually. By carrying out this quick and easy operation regularly, your Gourmet ice cubes from Scotsman will retain their clarity and perfect shape.